Request a Quote
NAV Construction is a full-service roofing contractor serving Springfield, MO and the surrounding areas. From residential to commercial roofing systems, our vast knowledge and expertise allows us to evaluate your home’s characteristics and help recommend solutions that meet your needs.
A Roofing Contractor
With Years of Experience
While proper knowledge of roof materials is very important, picking the correct roof system is only half of what makes a successful project. Proper installation is critical to ensure your roof system functions as intended. Replacing your roof is a large investment that ideally would only happen every 30 years and we understand that proper materials and installation will help ensure that longevity.
Asphalt shingles are by far the most commonly used residential roof material not only for their durability but also because they come in a wide variety of styles and colors. Asphalt shingles are available in a basic “3-tab” design; middle-range architectural or laminated shingle (the is the most common); and top-of-the-line heavyweight designer shingles. With new styles being manufactured every year, we are certain to find the style that is perfect for your home.
We understand that a roof is a long term investment and requires maintenance and upkeep, and we always try to find the most cost-effective solution to your problem.
Here are some of the most common questions people ask us about roofing, and also some questions they should be getting answers to before hiring a roofing contractor.
- Longevity. Make sure to ask how long the contractor has been in business. You probably wouldn’t choose a lawyer right out of law school to represent you in court. So why pick a roofing contractor that doesn’t have a long track record of doing high-quality work?
- Assure that the roofer is licensed and bonded. Due to the nature of the job, roofing is inherently dangerous and shouldn't be taken on by anyone inexperienced. Without the proper safety equipment, you might end up with a lawsuit on your hands as the homeowner. The contractor should have proper permits and licenses for the job.
- Make sure you see past work. The proof should be in the pudding. If the contractor cannot show you past work or refer to you to past clients, they're probably not worth their weight in salt.
- Asphalt shingles are the most commonly used roofing material and are the most cost-effective short-term option. Good quality asphalt shingles offer good value for up to 20-25 years.
- Wood shingles and shakes: definitely offer a lot in terms of looks, but also require more maintenance and the right setting. If your roof doesn't get very much sun exposure, wood shingles can be a magnet for moisture retention and mold.
- Metal roofing is a very attractive material, especially for those that seek a more modern look. The durability is excellent against the elements and has great longevity and consequently great resale value.
- Slate or stone roofing are a great fit for high-end homes looking for a truly unique look where cost isn't a concern.
Determining the best roofing companies depends on your needs. However, there are several roofers that stand out from the rest, and we'd like to think we're one of them. These companies generally are not the largest, but have superior customer service and satisfaction rates because you're dealing with ownership instead of an employee that isn't vested in the job. They also use the best materials and craftsmen available so that your roof is built to last. For example, there are companies that will quote low which people see as favorable, however, they are using the cheapest materials available. You're happy with the price, until you realize that your roof has serious structural issues due to the the sub-par materials used.