Further, siding is paramount to a weather proof roofing system and energy efficiency. Whether your home is in need of complete siding replacement or a repair NAV has your back. We conduct comprehensive analyses of the condition of your siding and then decide what the best avenue of repair is. We take into consideration your goals, your budget, your timeframe and work with you to come up with the best solutions.
Request a Quote
Whether we are assessing weather damage or discussing a complete facelift we will work with you to decide which products best fit your project’s scope. We offer vinyl, aluminum, steel, fiber cement board, and wood. Not sure what you’re looking for? We’re happy to walk you through recommendations that would work best with your structure.
NAV is a company that was built on and prides itself in its integrity. Integrity means we work by our values and do the job the right way. As long time members of the community we take pride in what we deliver and have worked to develop a reputation of trust. When it comes to our siding jobs we only use the highest quality materials and work hard to respect your design, budget and time frame.
Updating your home’s look is only one (important) piece of our siding services. Updating your siding will increase not only the beauty of your home but also it’s efficiency and ultimately it’s value.
Here are some of the most common questions people ask us about siding. Still have questions? Give us a call!
Home siding comes in any different materials, all with varying costs and pros and cons. What works well for one home, might not work well for another.
- Vinyl siding is definitely the most cost-effective and most common type of siding used in the United States. It requires very little maintenance and is extremely weather-resistant. Vinyl siding comes in many colors and textures that make it look like natural materials like wood or stone.
- Cedar Siding or Wood Siding is high on style and offers a unique aesthetic, but also comes with more maintenance. It should be washed every so often and stained or weatherproofed every couple of years. With a mid to high range in terms of price, if maintained properly, cedar siding can last 20+ years.
- Fiber Cement Siding is a durable, energy-efficient, green material with a high level of durability. Like vinyl, it is made to adopt the appearance of other materials like wood, stone, masonry, or shingles. Since it is a termite-resistant material, it has a clear advantage over wood, though is more expensive than vinyl siding. It is also a non-combustible material, however, fiber cement board does require a bit of maintenance, mainly a new top-coat to be applied every 4-5 years.
- Energy efficiency. All siding reflects heat from the sun to a degree which will keep your house cooler in the summer months, and prevent drafts in the cooler months.
- Design options. There are many varieties of materials, and colors so you can achieve nearly any look imaginable with siding. Not only that, but it can be installed over nearly any substrate which makes if a great way to give your home a quick facelift.
- Relatively low-maintenance. Aside from wood, siding has very little, to no maintenance and increases the value of your home.
Typically, there is very little to do before we install new siding. If we're installing vinyl, it will go directly over whatever substrate currently exists (unless it is extensively damaged). If we're replacing it with fiber cement siding, like James Hardie board siding, any existing siding would be first removed.
Naturally, it all depends on the quality and type of material used, square footage, expediency, and other factors. The best way to get an accurate idea of price is to schedule a time for us to come out and give you a quote.